Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The station building at Miekle Ferry, 1932
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1066
PLACENAME
Meikle Ferry
DISTRICT
Dornoch and Creich
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
DATE OF IMAGE
1932
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27750
KEYWORDS
railway stations
The station building at Miekle Ferry, 1932

This photograph shows the station building at Meikle Ferry in 1932.

Meikle Ferry Station, on the Bonar Bridge extension of the Far North Line, was opened in June 1864. The building had a very short existence as a railway station, closing in January 1869. In later years the building became the Meikle Ferry Inn and more recently changed its name to the Dornoch Bridge Inn.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The station building at Miekle Ferry, 1932

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1930s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the station building at Meikle Ferry in 1932.<br /> <br /> Meikle Ferry Station, on the Bonar Bridge extension of the Far North Line, was opened in June 1864. The building had a very short existence as a railway station, closing in January 1869. In later years the building became the Meikle Ferry Inn and more recently changed its name to the Dornoch Bridge Inn.