Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Muir of Ord station from the south, June 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1082
PLACENAME
Muir of Ord
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Urray
DATE OF IMAGE
14 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27765
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Muir of Ord station from the south, June 1960

A view of Muir of Ord station from the south. It was taken on 14 June 1960, the day the last train ran on the Black Isle (Fortrose) branch line.

On 11 June 1862 the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway opened their line between Inverness and Dingwall. It included a station at the village of Tarradale but the company decided to name it after the nearby cattle tryst (market), Muir of Ord. Eventually the name Muir of Ord was applied to the surrounding area.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Muir of Ord station from the south, June 1960

ROSS: Urray

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Muir of Ord station from the south. It was taken on 14 June 1960, the day the last train ran on the Black Isle (Fortrose) branch line.<br /> <br /> On 11 June 1862 the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway opened their line between Inverness and Dingwall. It included a station at the village of Tarradale but the company decided to name it after the nearby cattle tryst (market), Muir of Ord. Eventually the name Muir of Ord was applied to the surrounding area.