Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 2P 566 at Muir of Ord, June 1947
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1088
PLACENAME
Muir of Ord
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Urray
DATE OF IMAGE
17 June 1947
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27771
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
trains
LMS 2P 566 at Muir of Ord, June 1947

This photograph shows the LMS 2P class, 566, at Muir of Ord in June 1947. The locomotive was built at derby in 1928 and was withdrawn in 1961.

On 11 June 1862 the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway opened their line between Inverness and Dingwall. It included a station at the village of Tarradale but the company decided to name it after the nearby cattle tryst (market), Muir of Ord. Eventually the name Muir of Ord was applied to the surrounding area.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 2P 566 at Muir of Ord, June 1947

ROSS: Urray

1940s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the LMS 2P class, 566, at Muir of Ord in June 1947. The locomotive was built at derby in 1928 and was withdrawn in 1961.<br /> <br /> On 11 June 1862 the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway opened their line between Inverness and Dingwall. It included a station at the village of Tarradale but the company decided to name it after the nearby cattle tryst (market), Muir of Ord. Eventually the name Muir of Ord was applied to the surrounding area.