Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 24 at Munlochy
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1091
PLACENAME
Munlochy
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Knockbain
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27774
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HR 24 at Munlochy

This photograph shows an 0-6-0 Highland Railway Scrap Tank, HR 24, on train at Munlochy. The locomotive was built at the company's own Lochgorm works in Inverness in 1904. The boilers and wheel were taken from older locomotives that had been scrapped and this led to it being referred to as a 'Scrap Tank'. It was numbered 16382 by the LMS and continued in service until being withdrawn in December 1930.

Munlochy station was on the Highland Railway's Black Isle branch line between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. In common with other stations on the 25 km long line, Munlochy station opened on 1 February 1894 and closed to passenger on 1 October 1951 (although the line itself wasn't finally closed until June 1960).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 24 at Munlochy

ROSS: Knockbain

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows an 0-6-0 Highland Railway Scrap Tank, HR 24, on train at Munlochy. The locomotive was built at the company's own Lochgorm works in Inverness in 1904. The boilers and wheel were taken from older locomotives that had been scrapped and this led to it being referred to as a 'Scrap Tank'. It was numbered 16382 by the LMS and continued in service until being withdrawn in December 1930.<br /> <br /> Munlochy station was on the Highland Railway's Black Isle branch line between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. In common with other stations on the 25 km long line, Munlochy station opened on 1 February 1894 and closed to passenger on 1 October 1951 (although the line itself wasn't finally closed until June 1960).