Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Munlochy Station building from the road
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1096
PLACENAME
Munlochy
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Knockbain
DATE OF IMAGE
14 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27778
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Munlochy Station building from the road

A view of Munlochy Station building from the road. It was taken on 14 June 1960, the last time a train would pass through the station.

Munlochy station was on the Highland Railway's Black Isle branch line between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. In common with other stations on the 25 km long line, Munlochy station opened on 1 February 1894 and closed to passenger on 1 October 1951 (although the line itself wasn't finally closed until June 1960).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Munlochy Station building from the road

ROSS: Knockbain

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Munlochy Station building from the road. It was taken on 14 June 1960, the last time a train would pass through the station.<br /> <br /> Munlochy station was on the Highland Railway's Black Isle branch line between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. In common with other stations on the 25 km long line, Munlochy station opened on 1 February 1894 and closed to passenger on 1 October 1951 (although the line itself wasn't finally closed until June 1960).