Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Occumster Station, platform and derelict building, May 1973
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1157
PLACENAME
Occumster
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
DATE OF IMAGE
3 May 1973
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27813
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Occumster Station, platform and derelict building, May 1973

A view of the derelict station building and platform at Occumster, taken in May 1973.

Occumster station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Light Railway on 1 July 1903. As with the other stations on the line, it was closed on 3 April 1944. The line was officially closed in the early 1950s.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Occumster Station, platform and derelict building, May 1973

CAITHNESS: Latheron

1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of the derelict station building and platform at Occumster, taken in May 1973.<br /> <br /> Occumster station was opened as part of the Wick and Lybster Light Railway on 1 July 1903. As with the other stations on the line, it was closed on 3 April 1944. The line was officially closed in the early 1950s.