Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' and 5083 at Perth loco shed, July 1936
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1180
PLACENAME
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
2 July 1936
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27834
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' and 5083 at Perth loco shed, July 1936

This photograph shows LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' and a Class 5, 5083, at Perth loco shed, July 1936.

LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' (formerly HR 50) was a member of the third and final batch of 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives. It was built by the North British Locomotive Co. and started work in the spring of 1917. It was withdrawn from service in September 1938.

The Class 5 locomotives were designed for the LMS by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951. 5083 was built in 1935 and withdrawn in 1967.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' and 5083 at Perth loco shed, July 1936

PERTH

1930s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' and a Class 5, 5083, at Perth loco shed, July 1936.<br /> <br /> LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' (formerly HR 50) was a member of the third and final batch of 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives. It was built by the North British Locomotive Co. and started work in the spring of 1917. It was withdrawn from service in September 1938.<br /> <br /> The Class 5 locomotives were designed for the LMS by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951. 5083 was built in 1935 and withdrawn in 1967.