Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Plockton Station from the road bridge, June 1979
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1199
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
June 1979
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27851
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Plockton Station from the road bridge, June 1979

A view of Plockton Station from the road bridge, taken in June 1979.

Plockton station was opened by the Highland Railway in November 1897 when its line from Inverness to Strome Ferry was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in September 1964. In 1986, Historic Scotland, the government body responsible for Scotland's cultural heritage, gave it listed-building status.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Plockton Station from the road bridge, June 1979

ROSS: Lochalsh

1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Plockton Station from the road bridge, taken in June 1979.<br /> <br /> Plockton station was opened by the Highland Railway in November 1897 when its line from Inverness to Strome Ferry was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in September 1964. In 1986, Historic Scotland, the government body responsible for Scotland's cultural heritage, gave it listed-building status.