Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Plockton Station with a train in the platform, 1963
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1200
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
1963
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27852
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Plockton Station with a train in the platform, 1963

A view of Plockton Station with a train in the platform, taken un 1963.

Plockton station was opened by the Highland Railway in November 1897 when its line from Inverness to Strome Ferry was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in September 1964. In 1986, Historic Scotland, the government body responsible for Scotland's cultural heritage, gave it listed-building status.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Plockton Station with a train in the platform, 1963

ROSS: Lochalsh

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Plockton Station with a train in the platform, taken un 1963.<br /> <br /> Plockton station was opened by the Highland Railway in November 1897 when its line from Inverness to Strome Ferry was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in September 1964. In 1986, Historic Scotland, the government body responsible for Scotland's cultural heritage, gave it listed-building status.