Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 48 approaching Raven's Rock
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1209
PLACENAME
Raven's Rock
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Contin
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27858
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HR 48 approaching Raven's Rock

This photograph shows HR 48 approaching Raven's Rock.

Originally built as a 2-2-2 locomotive and named 'Cadboll', HR 48 was rebuilt as a 2-4-0 in January 1881 and renamed 'Dingwall' in 1886, becoming the third HR loco to bear that name. It was withdrawn from service in September 1892.

Raven's Rock is the name given to a siding on the Highland Railway's line between Inverness and Kyle of Lochalsh. It is located between the stations of Achterneed and Garve and was owned by Ross-shire County Council to take stone out of the nearby Raven's Rock Quarry. It was in use from 1924 until the early 1950s.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 48 approaching Raven's Rock

ROSS: Contin

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows HR 48 approaching Raven's Rock.<br /> <br /> Originally built as a 2-2-2 locomotive and named 'Cadboll', HR 48 was rebuilt as a 2-4-0 in January 1881 and renamed 'Dingwall' in 1886, becoming the third HR loco to bear that name. It was withdrawn from service in September 1892.<br /> <br /> Raven's Rock is the name given to a siding on the Highland Railway's line between Inverness and Kyle of Lochalsh. It is located between the stations of Achterneed and Garve and was owned by Ross-shire County Council to take stone out of the nearby Raven's Rock Quarry. It was in use from 1924 until the early 1950s.