Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Redcastle Station looking west, c1970
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1210
PLACENAME
Redcastle
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Killearnan
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1970
PERIOD
1960s; 1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27859
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Redcastle Station looking west, c1970

A view of Redcastle Station looking west. It was taken around 1970 after the track had been removed.

Redcastle station was opened as part of the Highland Railway's Black Isle Branch line (sometimes known as the Fortrose Branch) which ran between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 and freight until 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Redcastle Station looking west, c1970

ROSS: Killearnan

1960s; 1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Redcastle Station looking west. It was taken around 1970 after the track had been removed.<br /> <br /> Redcastle station was opened as part of the Highland Railway's Black Isle Branch line (sometimes known as the Fortrose Branch) which ran between Muir of Ord and Fortrose. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 and freight until 1960.