Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rogart Station looking east
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1215
PLACENAME
Rogart
DISTRICT
Golspie, Rogart and Lairg
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Rogart
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27864
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Rogart Station looking east

A view of Rogart Station, looking east.

Rogart station was opened in April 1868 by the Sutherland Railway which connected Bonar Bridge and Golspie. It was closed in 1960 but after much protest was re-opened the following year. For a brief period it was renamed Rogart Halt. It had two signal boxes, one of which has been demolished. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in May 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rogart Station looking east

SUTHERLAND: Rogart

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Rogart Station, looking east.<br /> <br /> Rogart station was opened in April 1868 by the Sutherland Railway which connected Bonar Bridge and Golspie. It was closed in 1960 but after much protest was re-opened the following year. For a brief period it was renamed Rogart Halt. It had two signal boxes, one of which has been demolished. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in May 1964.