Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rogart Station looking west, 1975
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1218
PLACENAME
Rogart
DISTRICT
Golspie, Rogart and Lairg
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Rogart
DATE OF IMAGE
1975
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27867
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Rogart Station looking west, 1975

A view of Rogart Station looking west, taken in 1975.

Rogart station was opened in April 1868 by the Sutherland Railway which connected Bonar Bridge and Golspie. It was closed in 1960 but after much protest was re-opened the following year. For a brief period it was renamed Rogart Halt. It had two signal boxes, one of which has been demolished. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in May 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rogart Station looking west, 1975

SUTHERLAND: Rogart

1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Rogart Station looking west, taken in 1975.<br /> <br /> Rogart station was opened in April 1868 by the Sutherland Railway which connected Bonar Bridge and Golspie. It was closed in 1960 but after much protest was re-opened the following year. For a brief period it was renamed Rogart Halt. It had two signal boxes, one of which has been demolished. It is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in May 1964.