Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Railway building at Salzcraggie, 1970
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1224
PLACENAME
Salzcraggie
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth & Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Kildonan
DATE OF IMAGE
1970
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27873
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Railway building at Salzcraggie, 1970

This photograph shows the railway building at Salzcraggie in 1970.

Salzcraggie Halt (sometimes referred to as Salzcraggie Platform), between Helmsdale and Kildonan, on the Far North line, was opened by the Highland Railway in May 1907 due to the area's popularity with deer stalkers. It closed in November 1965.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Railway building at Salzcraggie, 1970

SUTHERLAND: Kildonan

1970s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the railway building at Salzcraggie in 1970.<br /> <br /> Salzcraggie Halt (sometimes referred to as Salzcraggie Platform), between Helmsdale and Kildonan, on the Far North line, was opened by the Highland Railway in May 1907 due to the area's popularity with deer stalkers. It closed in November 1965.