Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Scotscalder Station from a train, June 1973
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1227
PLACENAME
Scotscalder
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
29 June 1973
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27875
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Scotscalder Station from a train, June 1973

A view of Scotscalder Station from a train, taken in June 1973.

Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Scotscalder Station from a train, June 1973

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1970s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Scotscalder Station from a train, taken in June 1973.<br /> <br /> Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.