Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Scotscalder from the rear of a down train, May 1963
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1228
PLACENAME
Scotscalder
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
25 May 1963
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27876
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Scotscalder from the rear of a down train, May 1963

A view of Scotscalder from the rear of a down train, taken in May 1963.

Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Scotscalder from the rear of a down train, May 1963

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Scotscalder from the rear of a down train, taken in May 1963.<br /> <br /> Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.