Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Scotscalder Station looking south from the bridge
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1229
PLACENAME
Scotscalder
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27877
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Scotscalder Station looking south from the bridge

A view of Scotscalder Station, looking south from the bridge.

Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Scotscalder Station looking south from the bridge

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Scotscalder Station, looking south from the bridge.<br /> <br /> Scotscalder station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. The line connected Wick and Thurso with the Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Helmsdale. In 1884, both companies were absorbed by the Highland Railway. Scotscalder is still served by regular passenger services although it was closed to goods traffic in January 1964. It had two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished.