Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A train entering Skelbo Station, September 1954
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1231
PLACENAME
Skelbo
DATE OF IMAGE
14 September 1954
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27879
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
A train entering Skelbo Station, September 1954

This photograph shows a train entering Skelbo Station in September 1954. It is bound for Dornoch.

Skelbo station was a stop on the Dornoch Light Railway which connected The Mound, near the head of Loch Fleet and on the main line between Inverness and Wick, with Dornoch. The line opened on 2 June 1902 and closed on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A train entering Skelbo Station, September 1954

1950s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a train entering Skelbo Station in September 1954. It is bound for Dornoch.<br /> <br /> Skelbo station was a stop on the Dornoch Light Railway which connected The Mound, near the head of Loch Fleet and on the main line between Inverness and Wick, with Dornoch. The line opened on 2 June 1902 and closed on 13 June 1960.