Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Stanley Junction from the road bridge
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1246
PLACENAME
Stanley
DISTRICT
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27891
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Stanley Junction from the road bridge

A view of Stanley Junction from the road bridge.

Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Stanley Junction from the road bridge

PERTH

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Stanley Junction from the road bridge.<br /> <br /> Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.