Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Stanley Junction from the rear of an up train, June 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1247
PLACENAME
Stanley
DISTRICT
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
15 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27892
KEYWORDS
railway stations
footbridge
footbridges
Stanley Junction from the rear of an up train, June 1960

A view of Stanley Junction, from the rear of an up train, in June 1960.

Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Stanley Junction from the rear of an up train, June 1960

PERTH

1960s

railway stations; footbridge; footbridges

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Stanley Junction, from the rear of an up train, in June 1960.<br /> <br /> Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.