Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Stanley Junction looking north from the road bridge, 1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1248
PLACENAME
Stanley
DISTRICT
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
1912
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27893
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Stanley Junction looking north from the road bridge, 1912

A view of Stanley Junction, looking north from the road bridge, in 1912.

Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Stanley Junction looking north from the road bridge, 1912

PERTH

1910s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Stanley Junction, looking north from the road bridge, in 1912.<br /> <br /> Stanley Junction was opened on 7 April 1856 as part of the Perth and Dunkeld Railway. It was initially operated by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and was absorbed by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 28 February 1864. It became part of the Highland Railway in the following year. It is still part of the Highland Main Line.