Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 15014 on a mixed train at Strathpeffer
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1263
PLACENAME
Strathpeffer
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Fodderty
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27907
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
trains
LMS 15014 on a mixed train at Strathpeffer

This photograph shows LMS 15014 on a mixed train at Strathpeffer.

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives which became HR 101 & 102. After the grouping, 102 became LMS 15014 and was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.

In 1885 the Highland Railway opened a branch line connecting its route between Inverness and Strome Ferry with the spa town of Strathpeffer, a popular resort in the Victorian era. The line closed to passenger services in February 1946 and to goods traffic in August 1951.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 15014 on a mixed train at Strathpeffer

ROSS: Fodderty

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows LMS 15014 on a mixed train at Strathpeffer.<br /> <br /> In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives which became HR 101 & 102. After the grouping, 102 became LMS 15014 and was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.<br /> <br /> In 1885 the Highland Railway opened a branch line connecting its route between Inverness and Strome Ferry with the spa town of Strathpeffer, a popular resort in the Victorian era. The line closed to passenger services in February 1946 and to goods traffic in August 1951.