Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Strathpeffer Station building, June 1975
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1266
PLACENAME
Strathpeffer
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Fodderty
DATE OF IMAGE
June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27910
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Strathpeffer Station building, June 1975

A view of Strathpeffer Station building in June 1975.

In 1885 the Highland Railway opened a branch line connecting its route between Inverness and Strome Ferry with the spa town of Strathpeffer, a popular resort in the Victorian era. The line closed to passenger services in February 1946 and to goods traffic in August 1951.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Strathpeffer Station building, June 1975

ROSS: Fodderty

1970s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Strathpeffer Station building in June 1975.<br /> <br /> In 1885 the Highland Railway opened a branch line connecting its route between Inverness and Strome Ferry with the spa town of Strathpeffer, a popular resort in the Victorian era. The line closed to passenger services in February 1946 and to goods traffic in August 1951.