Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 17702 and 14400 on an up train at Tain, April 1942
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1309
PLACENAME
Tain
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Tain
DATE OF IMAGE
April 1942
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27934
KEYWORDS
railway stations
locomotives
trains
LMS 17702 and 14400 on an up train at Tain, April 1942

This photograph shows LMS 17702 and 14400 on an up train at Tain in April 1942.

17702 was a member of the Highland Railway's Barney class of 0-6-0 locomotive. It was originally numbered 21 by the Highland and continued in service until being withdrawn in November 1949.

LMS 14400, 'Ben More', (formerly HR 4) was part of the first class of locomotive introduced to the Highland Railway by Peter Drummond (they were 4-4-0 passenger locomotives now known collectively as the 'Small Bens'). It was built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow in 1899. It was withdrawn from service in October 1946.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 17702 and 14400 on an up train at Tain, April 1942

ROSS: Tain

1940s

railway stations; locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows LMS 17702 and 14400 on an up train at Tain in April 1942.<br /> <br /> 17702 was a member of the Highland Railway's Barney class of 0-6-0 locomotive. It was originally numbered 21 by the Highland and continued in service until being withdrawn in November 1949.<br /> <br /> LMS 14400, 'Ben More', (formerly HR 4) was part of the first class of locomotive introduced to the Highland Railway by Peter Drummond (they were 4-4-0 passenger locomotives now known collectively as the 'Small Bens'). It was built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow in 1899. It was withdrawn from service in October 1946.