Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 130 'Loch Fannich' on train at Thurso, August 1923
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1367
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
29 August 1923
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27985
KEYWORDS
railway stations
locomotives
HR 130 'Loch Fannich'  on train at Thurso, August 1923

This photograph shows HR 130 'Loch Fannich' on train at Thurso in August 1923.

HR 130, 'Loch Fannich', was one of the Highland Railways' Loch Class of 4-4-0 express passenger locomotives. It was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and was withdrawn from service in February 1937.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 130 'Loch Fannich' on train at Thurso, August 1923

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1920s

railway stations; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows HR 130 'Loch Fannich' on train at Thurso in August 1923.<br /> <br /> HR 130, 'Loch Fannich', was one of the Highland Railways' Loch Class of 4-4-0 express passenger locomotives. It was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and was withdrawn from service in February 1937.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.