Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Looking towards the buffer stop at Thurso, before rebuilding
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1368
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27986
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Looking towards the buffer stop at Thurso, before rebuilding

This photograph shows the view looking towards the buffer stop at Thurso, before the station was rebuilt.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Looking towards the buffer stop at Thurso, before rebuilding

CAITHNESS: Thurso

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the view looking towards the buffer stop at Thurso, before the station was rebuilt.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.