Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
40150 on train at Thurso, April 1961
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1369
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
18 April 1961
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27987
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
40150 on train at Thurso, April 1961

This photograph shows 40150 on train at Thurso in April 1961.

40150, a 2-6-2T locomotive, was built by the LMS as No.150. She was withdrawn in December 1962. D5120, a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive, was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

40150 on train at Thurso, April 1961

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1960s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows 40150 on train at Thurso in April 1961.<br /> <br /> 40150, a 2-6-2T locomotive, was built by the LMS as No.150. She was withdrawn in December 1962. D5120, a Sulzer Type 2 locomotive, was built in 1960 and became 24120 under the BR TOPS renumbering scheme.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.