Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The view north from the end of the platform at Thurso, May 1963
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1372
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
25 May 1963
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27989
KEYWORDS
railway stations
The view north from the end of the platform at Thurso, May 1963

This photograph shows the view north from the end of the platform at Thurso in May 1963. A number of goods vans can be seen.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The view north from the end of the platform at Thurso, May 1963

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the view north from the end of the platform at Thurso in May 1963. A number of goods vans can be seen.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.