Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Exterior view of Thurso Station, 1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1375
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
1912
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27993
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Exterior view of Thurso Station, 1912

This photograph shows the exterior of Thurso Station in 1912. A horse-drawn wagon can be seen.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Exterior view of Thurso Station, 1912

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1910s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the exterior of Thurso Station in 1912. A horse-drawn wagon can be seen.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.