Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Nameboard and advertisements at Thurso station, May 1928
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1376
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
May 1928
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27994
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Nameboard and advertisements at Thurso station, May 1928

This photograph shows the nameboard and advertisements at Thurso station in May 1928.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Nameboard and advertisements at Thurso station, May 1928

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1920s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the nameboard and advertisements at Thurso station in May 1928.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.