Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Thurso Station, September 1959
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1377
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
September 1959
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27995
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Thurso Station, September 1959

A view of Thurso Station taken in September 1959.

Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Thurso Station, September 1959

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1950s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Thurso Station taken in September 1959.<br /> <br /> Thurso station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Thurso Branch of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services and is the most northerly station in Britain.