Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Tomatin Station from the rear of an up train, 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1405
PLACENAME
Tomatin
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Moy and Dalarossie
DATE OF IMAGE
1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28018
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
Tomatin Station from the rear of an up train, 1960

A view of Tomatin Station from the rear of an up train, taken in 1960.

Tomatin station was opened by the Highland Railway in July 1897 as part of the new direct route between Aviemore and Inverness. This was built to counter plans the North British Railway and Great North of Scotland Railway had to extend their lines to Inverness. Tomatin, along with all the other stations on this stretch of line, with the exception of Carrbridge, closed on 3 May 1965.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Tomatin Station from the rear of an up train, 1960

INVERNESS: Moy and Dalarossie

1960s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Tomatin Station from the rear of an up train, taken in 1960.<br /> <br /> Tomatin station was opened by the Highland Railway in July 1897 as part of the new direct route between Aviemore and Inverness. This was built to counter plans the North British Railway and Great North of Scotland Railway had to extend their lines to Inverness. Tomatin, along with all the other stations on this stretch of line, with the exception of Carrbridge, closed on 3 May 1965.