Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
View of Watten Station from the west end, August 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1412
PLACENAME
Watten
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Watten
DATE OF IMAGE
20 August 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28022
KEYWORDS
railway stations
footbridge
footbridges
View of Watten Station from the west end, August 1960

A view of Watten Station from the west end, taken in August 1960.

Watten station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. It had two platforms, a passing loop and two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished. Watten was closed to passenger services in June 1960 and to goods traffic in May 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

View of Watten Station from the west end, August 1960

CAITHNESS: Watten

1960s

railway stations; footbridge; footbridges

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Watten Station from the west end, taken in August 1960.<br /> <br /> Watten station was opened by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway in July 1874. It had two platforms, a passing loop and two signal boxes, both of which have been demolished. Watten was closed to passenger services in June 1960 and to goods traffic in May 1964.