Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
14676 and two other unidentified locomotives outside the engine shed at Wick, 1935
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1426
PLACENAME
Wick
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Wick
DATE OF IMAGE
1935
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28035
KEYWORDS
railway stations
locomotives
14676 and two other unidentified locomotives outside the engine shed at Wick, 1935

This photograph, taken in 1935, shows LMS 14676, 'Ballindalloch Castle', and two other unidentified locomotives outside the engine shed at Wick.

14676 was an ex-Highland Railway 'Castle Class' locomotive (formerly HR 141). It was part of the first batch of six engines built by Dübs of Glasgow and delivered in June 1900. It was withdrawn from service in September 1937.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

14676 and two other unidentified locomotives outside the engine shed at Wick, 1935

CAITHNESS: Wick

1930s

railway stations; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph, taken in 1935, shows LMS 14676, 'Ballindalloch Castle', and two other unidentified locomotives outside the engine shed at Wick.<br /> <br /> 14676 was an ex-Highland Railway 'Castle Class' locomotive (formerly HR 141). It was part of the first batch of six engines built by Dübs of Glasgow and delivered in June 1900. It was withdrawn from service in September 1937.