Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The view from the bufferstops at Wick, July 1959
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1427
PLACENAME
Wick
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Wick
DATE OF IMAGE
13 July 1959
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28036
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
The view from the bufferstops at Wick, July 1959

This photograph shows the view from the bufferstops at Wick in July 1959.

Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The view from the bufferstops at Wick, July 1959

CAITHNESS: Wick

1950s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the view from the bufferstops at Wick in July 1959.<br /> <br /> Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.