Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
45460 and the train shed at Wick, 1958
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1442
PLACENAME
Wick
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Wick
DATE OF IMAGE
1958
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28050
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
45460 and the train shed at Wick, 1958

This photograph shows the Class 5 locomotive, 45460, and the train shed at Wick in 1958.

45460 was built at Crewe in October 1938 and worked until being withdrawn in June 1965.

The Class 5 locomotives were designed for the LMS by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951.

Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

45460 and the train shed at Wick, 1958

CAITHNESS: Wick

1950s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the Class 5 locomotive, 45460, and the train shed at Wick in 1958.<br /> <br /> 45460 was built at Crewe in October 1938 and worked until being withdrawn in June 1965.<br /> <br /> The Class 5 locomotives were designed for the LMS by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951. <br /> <br /> Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.