Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 124, 'Loch Laggan', in the platform at Wick, c1910
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1449
PLACENAME
Wick
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Wick
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1910
PERIOD
1900s; 1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28056
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
HR 124, 'Loch Laggan', in the platform at Wick, c1910

This photograph, taken c1910, shows HR 124, 'Loch Laggan', in the platform at Wick with the train shed beyond.

HR 124 was a Highland Railway 'Loch Class'4-4-0 locomotive that was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896. It was numbered 14384 by the LMS and continued in service until being withdrawn in September 1938.

Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 124, 'Loch Laggan', in the platform at Wick, c1910

CAITHNESS: Wick

1900s; 1910s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph, taken c1910, shows HR 124, 'Loch Laggan', in the platform at Wick with the train shed beyond.<br /> <br /> HR 124 was a Highland Railway 'Loch Class'4-4-0 locomotive that was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896. It was numbered 14384 by the LMS and continued in service until being withdrawn in September 1938.<br /> <br /> Wick station was opened on 28 July 1874 as the terminus of the Sutherland and Caithness Railway which was operated, and later absorbed by, the Highland Railway. It is still served by regular services.