Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 37A near Millburn Junction, August 1923
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_001_148
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
31 August 1923
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28189
KEYWORDS
locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
HR 37A near Millburn Junction, August 1923

HR 37A near Millburn Junction on a permanent way train in August 1923. Permanent way trains were used to perform maintenance tasks to the track and line-side.

HR 37A was one of ten '36' class locomotives built for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway by Sharp, Stewart & Co in 1864. It originally carried the number 37. It was rebuilt in February 1883 and continued in service until being withdrawn in 1923. It had been named 'Lentran' and was renumbered three times - as 42A in January 1912; 37 in October 1915; and, finally, 37A in April 1918.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 37A near Millburn Junction, August 1923

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1920s

locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 2 (1923-1947)

HR 37A near Millburn Junction on a permanent way train in August 1923. Permanent way trains were used to perform maintenance tasks to the track and line-side.<br /> <br /> HR 37A was one of ten '36' class locomotives built for the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway by Sharp, Stewart & Co in 1864. It originally carried the number 37. It was rebuilt in February 1883 and continued in service until being withdrawn in 1923. It had been named 'Lentran' and was renumbered three times - as 42A in January 1912; 37 in October 1915; and, finally, 37A in April 1918.