Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 127 'Loch Garry' and a 'Clan' class loco on train near Luncarty
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_001_281
PLACENAME
Luncarty
DISTRICT
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28301
KEYWORDS
locomotives
trains
HR 127 'Loch Garry' and a 'Clan' class loco on train near Luncarty

HR 127 'Loch Garry' and a 'Clan' class loco on a passenger train near Luncarty.

HR 127 was a member of the Highland Railway's 'Loch' class of 4-4-0 locomotive. It was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896. After the grouping it became LMS 14387 and continued in service until being withdrawn in December 1930.

The last class of locomotive built for the Highland Railway was the 'Clan' class of 4-6-0 passenger engines. Designed by Christopher Cumming, the first four (numbered 49, 51, 52 & 53) were delivered in 1919 and four more (numbered 54 to 57) were delivered in 1921. Built by Hawthorn Leslie & Co. in Newcastle, all members of the class survived into LMS ownership but only one was still working after the formation of British Railways (ex-HR 55 and LMS 14767 'Clan Mackinnon').

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 127 'Loch Garry' and a 'Clan' class loco on train near Luncarty

PERTH

locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 1 (1855-1922)

HR 127 'Loch Garry' and a 'Clan' class loco on a passenger train near Luncarty.<br /> <br /> HR 127 was a member of the Highland Railway's 'Loch' class of 4-4-0 locomotive. It was built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896. After the grouping it became LMS 14387 and continued in service until being withdrawn in December 1930.<br /> <br /> The last class of locomotive built for the Highland Railway was the 'Clan' class of 4-6-0 passenger engines. Designed by Christopher Cumming, the first four (numbered 49, 51, 52 & 53) were delivered in 1919 and four more (numbered 54 to 57) were delivered in 1921. Built by Hawthorn Leslie & Co. in Newcastle, all members of the class survived into LMS ownership but only one was still working after the formation of British Railways (ex-HR 55 and LMS 14767 'Clan Mackinnon').