Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
44723 on a northbound train at The Mound, September 1954
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_001_333
PLACENAME
The Mound
DISTRICT
Dornoch and Creich
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
DATE OF IMAGE
September 1954
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28343
KEYWORDS
locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
44723 on a northbound train at The Mound, September 1954

44723 on a northbound train at The Mound in September 1954.

44723, an LMS Class 5 locomotive, was built at Crewe in April 1949. It was withdrawn from service in October 1966. The Class 5 locomotives were designed by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

44723 on a northbound train at The Mound, September 1954

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1950s

locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 3 (1948 to the present day)

44723 on a northbound train at The Mound in September 1954.<br /> <br /> 44723, an LMS Class 5 locomotive, was built at Crewe in April 1949. It was withdrawn from service in October 1966. The Class 5 locomotives were designed by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951.