Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 82 'Fife' on train beside the signal box at Inverness, 1898
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_003_487
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1898
PERIOD
1890s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28485
KEYWORDS
locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
HR 82 'Fife' on train beside the signal box at Inverness, 1898

HR 82 'Fife' on an up passenger train beside the signal box at Inverness in 1898.

HR 82 was a member of the Highland Railway's class of 4-4-0 tender engines built by the Clyde Locomotive Company in 1886. They were known as Clyde Bogies. It was the second Highland Railway locomotive to bear the name 'Fife'. Renamed 'Durn' in 1900, a name it retained until 1916, it was renumbered 82A in March 1917. It was the only one of the class to pass into LMS ownership and was given the number 14278. It continued in service until being withdrawn in April 1930.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 82 'Fife' on train beside the signal box at Inverness, 1898

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1890s

locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 1 (1855-1922)

HR 82 'Fife' on an up passenger train beside the signal box at Inverness in 1898.<br /> <br /> HR 82 was a member of the Highland Railway's class of 4-4-0 tender engines built by the Clyde Locomotive Company in 1886. They were known as Clyde Bogies. It was the second Highland Railway locomotive to bear the name 'Fife'. Renamed 'Durn' in 1900, a name it retained until 1916, it was renumbered 82A in March 1917. It was the only one of the class to pass into LMS ownership and was given the number 14278. It continued in service until being withdrawn in April 1930.