Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 91 'Strathspey' piloting No. 30 'Dunvegan Castle' at the Black Island Platform, August 1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_003_491
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DATE OF IMAGE
2 August 1912
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28489
KEYWORDS
locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
HR 91 'Strathspey' piloting No. 30 'Dunvegan Castle' at the Black Island Platform, August 1912

HR 91 'Strathspey' piloting No. 30 'Dunvegan Castle' at the Black Island Platform in August 1912. The service is a Perth to Inverness Passenger Special. The Black Island Platform was a halt to the north of Blair Atholl.

HR 91 was a member of the Highland Railway's 'Strath' class of 4-4-0 passenger locomotives which were built by Neilson Reid & Co. of Glasgow in 1892. It was renumbered by the Highland Railway on three occasions: to 91A in June 1918; to 91 in September 1919; and to 91A again in November. It was withdrawn from service in August 1923.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 91 'Strathspey' piloting No. 30 'Dunvegan Castle' at the Black Island Platform, August 1912

1910s

locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 1 (1855-1922)

HR 91 'Strathspey' piloting No. 30 'Dunvegan Castle' at the Black Island Platform in August 1912. The service is a Perth to Inverness Passenger Special. The Black Island Platform was a halt to the north of Blair Atholl.<br /> <br /> HR 91 was a member of the Highland Railway's 'Strath' class of 4-4-0 passenger locomotives which were built by Neilson Reid & Co. of Glasgow in 1892. It was renumbered by the Highland Railway on three occasions: to 91A in June 1918; to 91 in September 1919; and to 91A again in November. It was withdrawn from service in August 1923.