Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
An unidentified HR 'Castle' class loco on a passenger train at Blair Atholl
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_003_616
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28589
KEYWORDS
locomotives
trains
An unidentified HR 'Castle' class loco on a passenger train at Blair Atholl

An unidentified Highland Railway 'Castle' class loco on a passenger train at Blair Atholl.

The first incarnation of Highland Railway's 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives were introduced in 1900 by Peter Drummond. The first six (nos. 140 to 145) were built by Dübs of Glasgow and were delivered in June of that year. Four more (nos. 146 to 149), also built by Dübs, were received in July 1902 and a further two (nos. 30 and 35) were built by the North British Locomotive Co. in 1910 and 1911 respectively. All passed into LMS ownership and all had been withdrawn before nationalisation in 1948.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

An unidentified HR 'Castle' class loco on a passenger train at Blair Atholl

PERTH: Blair Atholl

locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 1 (1855-1922)

An unidentified Highland Railway 'Castle' class loco on a passenger train at Blair Atholl.<br /> <br /> The first incarnation of Highland Railway's 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives were introduced in 1900 by Peter Drummond. The first six (nos. 140 to 145) were built by Dübs of Glasgow and were delivered in June of that year. Four more (nos. 146 to 149), also built by Dübs, were received in July 1902 and a further two (nos. 30 and 35) were built by the North British Locomotive Co. in 1910 and 1911 respectively. All passed into LMS ownership and all had been withdrawn before nationalisation in 1948.