Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
An unidentified ex-HR 'Loch' class loco on train near Killiecrankie, LMS days
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_004_628
PLACENAME
Killiecrankie
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28600
KEYWORDS
locomotives
trains
An unidentified ex-HR 'Loch' class loco on train near Killiecrankie, LMS days

An unidentified ex-Highland Railway 'Loch' class locomotive on a northbound passenger train after leaving Killiecrankie. The photograph was taken in LMS days. Ben Vrackie is in the background.

The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

An unidentified ex-HR 'Loch' class loco on train near Killiecrankie, LMS days

PERTH: Blair Atholl

locomotives; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 2 (1923-1947)

An unidentified ex-Highland Railway 'Loch' class locomotive on a northbound passenger train after leaving Killiecrankie. The photograph was taken in LMS days. Ben Vrackie is in the background.<br /> <br /> The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.