Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Two LMS Class 5s on train near Moy, June 1947
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_TRAINS_004_635
PLACENAME
Moy
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Moy and Dalarossie
DATE OF IMAGE
19 June 1947
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
28606
KEYWORDS
locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
trains
Two LMS Class 5s on train near Moy, June 1947

Two LMS Class 5s, 5036 and 5090, on train near Moy in June 1947. The service is the 11.00am from Inverness to Perth.

5036 was built at the Vulcan Foundry in September 1934. At the time of nationalisation it was based at Perth South shed. It was withdrawn from service in December 1962 and disposed of in September of the following year.

5090 was also built at the Vulcan Foundry, in April 1935. At the time of nationalisation it was based at Inverness shed. It was withdrawn from service in December 1965 and disposed of in April of the following year.

The Class 5 locomotives were designed by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Two LMS Class 5s on train near Moy, June 1947

INVERNESS: Moy and Dalarossie

1940s

locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS; trains

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Trains 2 (1923-1947)

Two LMS Class 5s, 5036 and 5090, on train near Moy in June 1947. The service is the 11.00am from Inverness to Perth.<br /> <br /> 5036 was built at the Vulcan Foundry in September 1934. At the time of nationalisation it was based at Perth South shed. It was withdrawn from service in December 1962 and disposed of in September of the following year.<br /> <br /> 5090 was also built at the Vulcan Foundry, in April 1935. At the time of nationalisation it was based at Inverness shed. It was withdrawn from service in December 1965 and disposed of in April of the following year.<br /> <br /> The Class 5 locomotives were designed by William Stanier. Commonly known as 'Black Fives', 842 were built between 1934 and 1951.