Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Reverend William Spark
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HUNTLY_001
PLACENAME
N/A
SOURCE
St Magnus Cathedral Octocentenary Brochure
ASSET ID
28769
KEYWORDS
clergy
ministers
Reverend William Spark

Reverend Spark was a minister at St Magnus for over 40 years. He was ordained on 14 December 1843 as Minister of the Second Charge at St Magnus and succeeded Reverend William Logie as Minister of the First Charge on 25 November 1856.

William Spark was born in Eccles, Berwickshire on 15 March 1816 and studied Divinity at Edinburgh University. He was the son of John Spark, a farmer and Mary Hymers. He lived at Springfield House in Kirkwall. The house was built by William Spark's father-in-law, James Spence who was a banker and merchant in Kirkwall, a magistrate for 32 years and Provost of the Burgh for 12 years.

He died at Springfield on the 7 February 1884 and was buried in St Magnus Churchyard on the 12 February 1884.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Reverend William Spark

clergy; ministers

St Magnus Cathedral Octocentenary Brochure

Reverend Spark was a minister at St Magnus for over 40 years. He was ordained on 14 December 1843 as Minister of the Second Charge at St Magnus and succeeded Reverend William Logie as Minister of the First Charge on 25 November 1856.<br /> <br /> William Spark was born in Eccles, Berwickshire on 15 March 1816 and studied Divinity at Edinburgh University. He was the son of John Spark, a farmer and Mary Hymers. He lived at Springfield House in Kirkwall. The house was built by William Spark's father-in-law, James Spence who was a banker and merchant in Kirkwall, a magistrate for 32 years and Provost of the Burgh for 12 years. <br /> <br /> He died at Springfield on the 7 February 1884 and was buried in St Magnus Churchyard on the 12 February 1884.