Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Crown Primary School clock tower
EXTERNAL ID
PC_MACLEAN_INVERNESS_02
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Clare Maclean
SOURCE
Clare Maclean
ASSET ID
29260
KEYWORDS
schools
primary schools
clock towers
Crown Primary School clock tower

As a result of the Education (Scotland) Act 1872, education became compulsory for all children. This building was erected in 1879 to provide Inverness High School. In 1894 Raining's School, formerly situated at the top of Raining's Stairs, merged with the High School. Later, in 1937, when the secondary department of the High School moved to new premises in Montague Row, its primary department was amalgamated with the Farraline Park School (also known as Dr Bell's Institution) to form Crown Primary School, which is still located here today.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Crown Primary School clock tower

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

2000s

schools; primary schools; clock towers

Clare Maclean

As a result of the Education (Scotland) Act 1872, education became compulsory for all children. This building was erected in 1879 to provide Inverness High School. In 1894 Raining's School, formerly situated at the top of Raining's Stairs, merged with the High School. Later, in 1937, when the secondary department of the High School moved to new premises in Montague Row, its primary department was amalgamated with the Farraline Park School (also known as Dr Bell's Institution) to form Crown Primary School, which is still located here today.