Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Clement's Church, Roghadal, Harris
EXTERNAL ID
PC_PRISCUS_SCO6063
PLACENAME
Rodel
DISTRICT
Harris
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Harris
PERIOD
1890s
CREATOR
George Washington Wilson
SOURCE
Mark Butterworth - Priscus
ASSET ID
29591
KEYWORDS
Hebrides
Harris
churches
pre-reformation
sculptures
St Clement's Church, Roghadal, Harris

This photograph was taken by Scottish photographer George Washington Wilson (1823-93) and was used to illustrate talks he gave on Highland history. The following description is taken from Washington Wilson's own lecture notes.

The Hebrides are not particularly rich in ecclesiastical remains, and the church at Rodel is the only pre-reformation church which still remains entire. The building is as curious as its history is obscure; the west front being distinguished by some extraordinary sculptures.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Clement's Church, Roghadal, Harris

INVERNESS: Harris

1890s

Hebrides; Harris; churches; pre-reformation; sculptures

Mark Butterworth - Priscus

Imaging the Past

This photograph was taken by Scottish photographer George Washington Wilson (1823-93) and was used to illustrate talks he gave on Highland history. The following description is taken from Washington Wilson's own lecture notes.<br /> <br /> The Hebrides are not particularly rich in ecclesiastical remains, and the church at Rodel is the only pre-reformation church which still remains entire. The building is as curious as its history is obscure; the west front being distinguished by some extraordinary sculptures.