Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Aros House, Mull
EXTERNAL ID
PC_PWG_PHOTO_002A
PLACENAME
Tobermory
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ARGYLL: Kilninian and Kilmore
PERIOD
1870s
SOURCE
PFW Grant
ASSET ID
29657
KEYWORDS
postcards
country houses
mansions
estates
Aros House, Mull

This photograph from around the 1870s shows Aros House on Mull, with Tobermory in the background. Also known as the 'White House of Aros' or 'Drumfin House', this extensive residence was designed by William Burn in 1825 for Hugh Maclean of Coll who had purchased the Aros Estate in 1821. The house was further extended and altered in 1875 but was eventually demolished around 1960

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Aros House, Mull

ARGYLL: Kilninian and Kilmore

1870s

postcards; country houses; mansions; estates

PFW Grant

This photograph from around the 1870s shows Aros House on Mull, with Tobermory in the background. Also known as the 'White House of Aros' or 'Drumfin House', this extensive residence was designed by William Burn in 1825 for Hugh Maclean of Coll who had purchased the Aros Estate in 1821. The house was further extended and altered in 1875 but was eventually demolished around 1960