Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Crossing the Ford on the road to Cape Wrath
EXTERNAL ID
PC_PWG_POSTCARDS_006
PLACENAME
Cape Wrath
DISTRICT
Eddrachillis and Durness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Durness
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
PFW Grant
ASSET ID
29664
KEYWORDS
postcards
lighthouses
conservation
Crossing the Ford on the road to Cape Wrath

This postcard from the 1950s is titled 'Crossing the Ford on the road to Cape Wrath, Sutherland'. The lighthouse at Cape Wrath, 18km northwest from Durness village, was built in 1828 by Robert Stevenson. It is situated at Scotland's most north westerly point. The lighthouse was automated in 1998. The land between Durness and the lighthouse contains over 200 square km of moorland designated as a 'Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Crossing the Ford on the road to Cape Wrath

SUTHERLAND: Durness

1950s

postcards; lighthouses; conservation

PFW Grant

This postcard from the 1950s is titled 'Crossing the Ford on the road to Cape Wrath, Sutherland'. The lighthouse at Cape Wrath, 18km northwest from Durness village, was built in 1828 by Robert Stevenson. It is situated at Scotland's most north westerly point. The lighthouse was automated in 1998. The land between Durness and the lighthouse contains over 200 square km of moorland designated as a 'Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)